Subscribe to my feed and receive notifications when new articles are posted.
- Evil Spud Boy supports RSS. This page explains what RSS is and how it can make it much easier to stay up to date with news and postings from many of your favorite sites.
What is RSS?
- RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is an XML based format for distributing site content. In other words, it is a standardized format that web sites can use to publish content. Many blogs and news sites make their content available in an RSS feed. Sites that provide an RSS feed often indicate it by displaying an orange icon like the one at the top of this page.
- These feeds can be read by an RSS reader or a news aggregator. This is a program which looks and feels kind of like an email reader and allows you to subscribe to many feeds and track them all in one place, making it easy to keep up to date on news from a variety of sources.
- This is a very brief explanation of what RSS does. If you are interested in reading about RSS in more detail, Wikipedia has a good article.
How Do I Read RSS Feeds?
- In order to subscribe to and read RSS you need to get a reader, many of which are available for free. The reader I use is Omea Reader, which is a relatively new reader for Windows with a rich set of features. There are many other readers available, too many for me to list and keep up to date. You can find a good list of readers here.
- Also many online services allow you to manage and read feeds. Using an online service has the advantage of allowing you to read your feeds from anywhere. By clicking on the icons below, you can subscribe to my feed on some of the popular online services.
Subscribe by Email
Also, if you prefer, I use a service called FeedBlitz which allows you to recieve email updates when new content is added to this site. If you would like to subscribe to these email updates, enter your email address in the box below.